| |

Craxme.com

Forgot password?
 Join
View: 89|Reply: 9
Collapse the left

[Book Reviews] The White Paper by Satoshi Nakamoto... The future of cryptocurrency.

[Copy link]
Post time: 27-6-2019 10:49:06 Posted From Mobile Phone
| Show all posts |Read mode
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Bitcoin was radical and utopian, a way to avoid both government and big business. What happened?
The cryptocurrency’s rise pushed regulators to consider taking action in 2014. Photograph: Karen Bleier/AFP/Getty Images
▼ Eight years ago, Visa, Mastercard and PayPal, which together make up more than 97% of the global market for payment services, cut off funding to WikiLeaks (you could still donate to the Ku Klux Klan, the English Defence League or Americans for Truth about Homosexuality). The blockade, backed by Republican senators, was political: WikiLeaks had published Chelsea Manning’s material documenting US military drone strikes and civilian killings in Iraq; stopping inflowing cash silenced Julian Assange’s outfit, albeit temporarily.
What could be done? Perhaps it was time for a cryptocurrency to stride from the proverbial phone booth, underpants over its tights, and save the day? After all, bitcoin’s philosophy was that it would cut out the middleman, whether state functionary or corporate lackey, and realise a radical future in which, for instance, Afghan women, prohibited from opening bank accounts, might work and get paid in bitcoin.
Certainly, in December 2010 there was much enthusiasm from cypherpunks for WikiLeaks to link to bitcoin on their website for donations. In a fascinating thread on  bitcointalk.org reproduced in this book, Mike Gogulski wrote: “Screw big business. Google, Microsoft and Wal-Mart can all eat flaming death as far as I’m concerned … where systems like bitcoin can be helpful is in making both government and big business irrelevant and obsolete.”
Why aren’t we living in that radical future in 2019?  (▪ ▪ ▪)

Please, continue reading this review here: Source

Rate

Number of participants 1Money +20 Collapse Reason
Rhett_Bassard + 20 Thnx for putting out the bait ;)

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 27-6-2019 13:16:30
| Show all posts
Beautiful! But is this is a man, woman or more than one person? puzzle solved?

Use magic Report

Post time: 1-7-2019 12:11:07
| Show all posts
This sounds promising especially FB announcing Libra. When will we know or whether will we know who is this Satoshi or is it an Organization??

Use magic Report

Post time: 1-7-2019 21:03:54
| Show all posts
This is the biggest mystery surrounding cryptocurrency. No one knows if it is author or authors or man or woman

Use magic Report

Post time: 2-7-2019 20:19:34
| Show all posts
Interesting concept when you think about it. Have to scratch my head thinking where the "value" of cryptocurrency comes from. Just because it is the current fad and people rush to buy it because everyone else is doing so?

Use magic Report

Post time: 3-7-2019 10:39:35
| Show all posts
Not hard to seek. It is built around a lot of trust and safety features. Today there are tangible underlying too. Take Venezuela- their crypto is backed by petroleum reserves

Use magic Report

Post time: 4-7-2019 20:46:48
| Show all posts
But where does the "acceptability" come from? I mean why should people prefer bitcoin vs ethereum for example or vice versa or any other random crypto? Also what governs the exchange rate between these two currencies when both are kind of virtual? Whats to prevent me from launching my own crypto currency and becoming rich (for normal currencies it is a government dictat to accept only the official currency printed through official channels)? I am sure these would be kind of trivial questions but for some reason I am not able to wrap my head around it

Use magic Report

Post time: 4-7-2019 20:56:58
| Show all posts
Very interesting read. Any books on this topic of cryptocurrency ? So that we can read further..

Use magic Report

Post time: 4-7-2019 21:25:09
| Show all posts
A single & simple world currency.   The US does not want its $ to lose the faith it has.   The Chinese want its Yuan / Reminbi to be world no.1 exchange currency.    These currencies command the trust of most of the people.

Crypto-currencies are a fad.  Most likely youngsters take to this idea.  But there is a trust-deficit.

Use magic Report

Post time: 8-7-2019 15:32:51
| Show all posts
Although cryptocurrency is trending in some markets, it will not be booming until all the countries accepts it and set-up a regulatory system for these currencies.
Then there are controversies around these currencies and not every country is happy about it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Join

Points Rules

Mobile|Dark room|CraxMe UA-106553710-1

16-10-2019 08:14 AM GMT+5.5