| |

Craxme.com

Forgot password?
 Join
View: 106|Reply: 6
Collapse the left

[Group Reads] [Group Reads] [Nominations] ◆ May 2019 - Satire / Humour / Comedy Genre ◆

[Copy link]
Post time: 1-4-2019 16:24:51
| Show all posts |Read mode

It is time to nominate the Group Read for May 2019. As per the schedule, we would be reading a book from the Satire / Humour / Comedy genre next month. Thank you all who participated in the previous group reads. Get your nominations in for our next pick.

A few pointers

. Nominations belonging to the Satire / Humour / Comedy genre would be the only ones considered.

. The nominated book must be available in the Reading Room.

. Please include a blurb about the book you nominate. Every nomination must include the link to the book in the Reading Room.

. Please ensure that the book you nominate is formatted correctly.

. You can only nominate one book from the genre of the month. Multiple nominations will not be considered.

. You can second a book nominated by another member.

. Do not nominate a book from the middle of a series, unless it can be read standalone.

. If your nomination is chosen as a group read, indicate whether you are willing to lead the discussion.

. Be kind enough to nominate the correct title

Note:   It is also time to decide the next genre list of group reads. We will begin discussing that soon.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 7-4-2019 15:06:59
| Show all posts
Edited by cynic at 7-4-2019 03:10 PM

I nominate Look Who's Back by Timur Vermes (satire). The book has been on my TBR for a while.

Look Who's Back by Timur Vermes,  Jamie Bulloch (Translator)

Berlin, Summer 2011. Adolf Hitler wakes up from a 66-year sleep in his subterranean Berlin bunker to find the Germany he knew entirely changed: Internet-driven media spreads ideas in minutes and fumes celebrity obsession; immigration has produced multicultural neighborhoods bringing together people of varying race, ethnicity, and religion; and the most powerful person in government is a woman. Hitler is immediately recognized . . . as an impersonator of uncommon skill. The public assumes the fulminating leader of the Nazi party is a performer who is always in character, and soon his inevitable viral appeal begets YouTube stardom, begets television celebrity on a Turkish-born comedian's show. His bigoted rants are mistaken for a theatrical satire--exposing prejudice and misrepresentation--and his media success emboldens Hitler to start his own political party and set the country he finds a shambles back to rights. With daring and dark humor, Look Who's Back skewers the absurdity and depravity of the cult of personality in modern media culture.

You can find this book at:
Look Who's Back by Timur Vermes

Rate

Number of participants 1Money +5 Collapse Reason
lotusshah + 5 Very nice!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 9-4-2019 11:42:34
| Show all posts
cynic 7-4-2019 03:06 PM
I nominate Look Who's Back by Timur Vermes (satire). The book has been on my TBR for a while.

I second the book

Use magic Report

Post time: 9-4-2019 17:50:20
| Show all posts
Seems interesting. I wouldn't mind.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 7 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
Was expecting for a few more nominations this time.

Guys, check out Funny Books: The 40 Most Side Splitting Reads Of All Time if you are looking for books to nominate.

Use magic Report

Post time: 6 hour(s) ago
| Show all posts
I recommend a book called Mrs. Funny bones... its written by an Indian author who is the wife of a super star and the trials and tribulations of being a super star wife as well as an average indian woman who has to deal with the Mother in law and the rest of the social system in India

https://www.craxme.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=813

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 3 hour(s) ago
| Show all posts
Good to see another nomination. We go to poll on the 26th.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Join

Points Rules

Mobile|Dark room|CraxMe UA-106553710-1

24-4-2019 07:38 PM GMT+5.5