| |

Craxme.com

Forgot password?
 Join
View: 168|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

[Discussion] How do you decide what to read next?

[Copy link]
Post time: 9-1-2019 14:51:08
| Show all posts |Read mode

With the ever expanding TBR, it can be a struggle to pick what to read next if it is not a part of the series. There are a million methods to pick the next one according to the internet including randomizers and sites such as recommendmeabook.com.

Do you create a log of books to read or pick a random one if it piques your interest? How do you decide what to read next?

Use magic Report

Post time: 9-1-2019 22:11:26
| Show all posts
Just read the snippets from the book. If it interests you, you should tart it. To begin with, you should browse the categories you already like. If you are feeling adventurous, try a different category. Don't worry about it. Your interest intensifies once you explore more.

Use magic Report

Post time: 10-1-2019 12:15:06
| Show all posts
first 15 pages define the pace of the story. If its suited to my liking I continue reading

Use magic Report

Post time: 10-1-2019 13:09:59
| Show all posts
Normally the blurb helps to select the book of the specific category I would like to read. There are a couple of times when I have to leave the book in between because it did not interest me but as I said it happened a couple of times only....I do keep a log of what next to read so that I don't waste time in choosing when i have to start a new one.

Use magic Report

Post time: 11-1-2019 18:53:58
| Show all posts
For me, there has to be at least one mystery/thriller/police-procedural book a month. I try non-fiction in between. But over the years I have learnt I can't get enough of the genre I like the best. But then even in that genre there are more than a dozen books to pick from - recommended by friends with similar liking - so that becomes difficult to choose. So what I do is pick a book from the ones I already have on my device and go from there.

Use magic Report

Post time: 14-1-2019 16:39:33
| Show all posts
Blurb on the back >> Plot Summary >> Goodreads Reviews >> Amazon Reviews >> A couple of detailed reviews.

That's my process of vetting books for my reading list.

Use magic Report

Post time: 14-1-2019 18:43:34
| Show all posts
Book Genre -> Goodreads, Amazon, Google, realbookspy reviews -> pickup a book if I get it and start reading.

At times, it happens that, I pickup some particular topic in a book, then I make a mental note to explore more on that. I search for the topic, if I find something available, I pickup the book pertaining that particular topic.

Use magic Report

Post time: 14-1-2019 21:57:27
| Show all posts
I  have an affinity towards mythology and history so I  read the blurbs and pickup fiction that is set in a period which is of interest to me. I am a huge fan of Agatha christie, Hercule Poirot and Sherlock Holmes so I re-read those when I get the time. Inbetween I try self-help/PMA (positive mental attitude) books

Use magic Report

Post time: 20-1-2019 00:22:14
| Show all posts
If the book is part of a series then that's what I am picking else I check which goodreads list the book is part of and then pick the next recommended one...I also have a large wish list so that also helps

Use magic Report

Post time: 22-1-2019 09:57:32
| Show all posts
Normally I stick to my favourite authors;but if a book has drawn a lot of attention by way of reviews and figuring in the best seller lists I would be inclined to pick it up  only to put it down if it does not sustain my interest beyond the first twenty pages.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Join

Points Rules

Mobile|Dark room|CraxMe UA-106553710-1

16-6-2019 08:13 PM GMT+5.5