| |

Craxme.com

Forgot password?
 Join
View: 69|Reply: 7
Collapse the left

[Discussion] What does reading mean to you?

[Copy link]
Post time: 6-12-2018 16:34:56
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by cynic at 6-12-2018 04:37 PM

We all read for different reasons. For some it is to gain knowledge; for others, it is an escape from reality. For me, it is a way to de-stress.

Let us have a fun poll on what reading means to you. This is only regarding reading for pleasure. Since there can be more than one reason, you can vote up to three choices. If you choose "Others" options, please share with a comment.

Let's get sharing and voting.

Multiple Polls: ( Maximum 3 choices ), Total 11 Users voted
27.27% (6)
13.64% (3)
0.00% (0)
9.09% (2)
31.82% (7)
18.18% (4)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Use magic Report

Post time: 7-12-2018 09:39:28
| Show all posts
ohkay..first option I picked was guilty pleasure and felt immense guilty pleasure as I realized...to me knowledge is the third option, it's a good byproduct of reading

Use magic Report

Post time: 8-12-2018 11:37:24
| Show all posts
Getting lost in the wonderland and knowledge.
Reading takes me away on a stroll to the places the book describes and makes me meet people described in the book.

Use magic Report

Post time: 9-12-2018 16:35:53
| Show all posts
Reading makes me think. What if the world was different from what we are used to? What if history had happened differently that what we know? What if there was a different civilisation that had quite different concepts of morality, good vs bad that we are used to and take as absolute given? Books written on these alternate points of view make me think, wonder and sometimes question my beliefs and thought processes that I have till then taken as granted.

Use magic Report

Post time: 6 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
It has to be escape from reality. I mean I am done with the mundane routine that my life currently is. Reading is the only thing that can keep me sane.

Use magic Report

Post time: 4 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
I read for a myriad of reasons.  Escapism is up there but it’s also about flexing the old brain matter and imagination.  Reading and D&D are a couple of the few things left that require the use of your imagination.

Use magic Report

| Show all posts
Destressing and unwinding

Use magic Report

| Show all posts
Sometimes, I lost myself in the beautiful world of words.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Join

Points Rules

Mobile|Dark room|CraxMe UA-106553710-1

17-12-2018 03:05 AM GMT+5.5