Post time: 27-11-2018 19:24:08
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by cynic at 30-11-2018 07:58 PM

Single Polls, Total 32 Users voted

Count down: 10 Days15 Hours40 min.

Your User group have no permission to vote

Rate

Number of participants 1Money +15 Collapse Reason
Pedro_P + 15 It is interesting, although a brief introduction, description or presentation at the beginning of the survey would have been much better. :)

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 27-11-2018 20:32:30
| Show all posts
Edited by Sin at 27-11-2018 08:34 PM

It is dependent on the time that I have to read books. But minimum of 2 books a month is the usual practice.

Use magic Report

Post time: 28-11-2018 21:27:13
| Show all posts
"Reading" is not limited to books, reading as an activity that provides multiple benefits, and the cognitive process on which reading is based, can encompass multiple sources.
For example, I usually and daily read 5 local newspapers (printed on paper), about 20 or more articles of international newspapers (from the Internet), some other opinion columns, I also read weekly and fortnightly printed magazines, and just one or two books per month (between print and virtual). It is also necessary to take into account the quality, not only of the reading itself (reading comprehension), but also the quality of what is read, that is, if what is read has enough quality to be incorporated into the body of knowledge that we acquired when reading.
Certainly, reading is a good thing, but reading only for reading, is not. And to base the reading on a single source (books), is a limitation that every good reader should not cultivate, but rather, give ourselves the opportunity to read multiple sources, since books are just a fraction of the wide range of sources of existing to read.
Another topic that I could even consider as preparatory is Selective Reading, which even takes me as much time as the formal reading (if the expression fits), selectively reading is also an activity that in my case I use as a filter to select only those sources of reading that I consider quality and relevant.
I could say that I do not read many books a month, however, I do read a lot.
If I add up all the minutes that I go to the day to read, I could say that I can easily exceed 2 or 3 hours a day (without considering the time I spend reading some threads of the forum, as part of my work here).
When reading it's a pleasant activity, one ends up reading almost addictively, no matter (as in my case), if one read a book, a magazine, a newspaper, a letter, a label, a note, or something more insignificant.
And finally there is the Rereading, another reading activity not so appreciated by some, and that in my case, it is also important. Rereading is in a certain way, a nostalgic look back, a rediscovering, re-tasting what we read in the past, for some it is even a reading strategy.
Well... Answering the question: "How many books do you read a month", my final answer is: I read many hours a month.

Use magic Report

Post time: 29-11-2018 07:44:26
| Show all posts
In an average 4 books, but when I do have free time number can go up to 15.

Use magic Report

Post time: 1-12-2018 09:28:14
| Show all posts
Sometimes less, sometimes more.on an average 3-4

Use magic Report

Post time: 1-12-2018 19:11:23
| Show all posts
I like reading books..I usually don't keep count..sometimes I feel like taking a break sometimes I like to start a new book immediately after finishing one..

Use magic Report

Post time: 6-12-2018 04:31:41
| Show all posts
How many books a month? Uhm that hard to say...
I gave an average of just one. You see, my reading method isn't very effective.
I usually read 5-10 books at the same time. Jumping back and forth depending on my mood. This also means reading and re-reading parts which I already forgot about when I pick up a book again.  So sometimes I finish zero, sometimes four to five books a month.

Use magic Report

Post time: 5 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
I'm a slow reader. Suffer from OCD and ADHD. It took me nearly 2 and a half months to finish Tom Clancy's "Red Storm Rising". that one was nearly 750 pages. I'm trying to currently finish Nightsoldiers by Alan Furst.

Use magic Report

Post time: 4 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
I’d say I average about a book a month.  I don’t spend as much time reading as I’d like but it’s better than nothing.  I just finished reading the Dream of Eagles series by Jack Whyte again and enjoyed it once more.

Use magic Report

Post time: 3 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
I read about 2+ books every week. But then I'm an old geek, single, don't watch TV and most important, many of them are fiction, so no need to thnk too much.
When I read "serious" books (History, Science, etc) things go a bit slower

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Join

Points Rules

Mobile|Dark room|CraxMe UA-106553710-1

17-12-2018 03:43 AM GMT+5.5