View: 340|Reply: 37
Collapse the left

[Book Reviews] Harappa series by Vineet Bajpai

[Copy link]
Post time: 26-10-2018 11:11:01
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by cynic at 24-11-2018 02:51 PM

BLURB:
Kashi - Secret of the Black Temple is part 3 of the Harappa Series, written by Vineet Bajpai. It is a fiction novel that blends mythology and history with a modern-day thriller.
1699 BCE, the Marshes of Aryavarta – As the titanic waves of pralay swallow city after city, a final battle for the Ark and the Earth begins. A ruthless barbarian-king threatens the very existence of mankind, heralding Kaliyuga - the eon of Kali.
2017, Banaras – A sacred nakshatra erupts in the night-sky as the fateful, prophesied hour arrives. A God-sacrifice turns into a horrific raakshasa-bali, even as the devta uncovers the bloodstained chronicles of a sinister Brotherhood.
762 AD, the Rashtrakuta Empire the mighty Prithvivallabha receives a mysterious visitor from the holy city. The sovereign is entrusted with an ancient secret, setting him on the path of a legendary, impossible quest.
2017, New York City – A sixth-generation billionaire receives a phone call from the Big Man. The Overlords of the New World Order unleash their last lethal bid. Mumbai underworld joins forces with the messenger of the Devil himself.
Will Vidyut survive his decisive war with the Brotherhood? What is the gruesome truth behind Europe’s 14th century Black Death? Read on to witness the final war between light and darkness, good and evil, Gods and demons.
Kashi is the sequel to the first two books of the series, namely – Harappa – Curse of the Blood River and Pralay – the Great Deluge.

Review:

Two words surmise this book and the series as a whole predictable and average.
The plot though a good one was some part made into a battle to deny what we have ben taught since childhood (in a syllabus designed by colonial masters and how much of it is true or not) and telling us that there was no Aryan invasion and there is a secret brotherhood hell bent on wiping out 90% of world's population (sounds too familiar !!!).

I believe that had the writer been more focussed on Harappa and its downfall and how the present day hero was going to save the world rather than getting involved in all the discussions. Anyways this particular book was supposed to be the final battle between good and evil and there are moments which decently surprised me and perked my interest. But rest of the book just failed to live on the promise of a grand battle.

I completed this whole book in less than a day and if you want to complete the series and want to read some stuff just to relax without provoking t0o much thought; before going back to a better one, then only its worth picking up

I would give this book 2.5/5

It can be accessed here:

https://www.craxme.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=891

Thanks

Rate

Number of participants 1Money +25 Collapse Reason
cynic + 25 Thanks for sharing your review

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 1-11-2018 00:23:23
| Show all posts
Thanks for the review.. Wanted to read this one badly

Use magic Report

Post time: 3-11-2018 09:18:55
| Show all posts
Looks like the trilogy isn't over yet.... more is to come...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 5-11-2018 11:49:23
| Show all posts
rahulpx 3-11-2018 09:18 AM
Looks like the trilogy isn't over yet.... more is to come...

Yes more is yet to come it looks like

Use magic Report

Post time: 6-11-2018 08:51:58
| Show all posts
I am about to finish second book of the Harappa series - Pralay and I also realised the plot is becoming predictable. I was hopeful things will be different in third and final book will bring some twists

Use magic Report

Post time: 20-11-2018 23:55:20
| Show all posts
It's not over yet , but third book is average than other 2 books

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 21-11-2018 10:26:37
| Show all posts
rahula1234 20-11-2018 11:55 PM
It's not over yet , but third book is average than other 2 books

I found whole series average

Use magic Report

Post time: 21-11-2018 16:53:45
| Show all posts
Thanks for pointing this out. Have not read any of Vajpai's books. Will start with this one!

Use magic Report

Post time: 22-11-2018 05:09:16
| Show all posts
Thanks for the review.I have just started with the first book..

Use magic Report

Post time: 22-11-2018 08:37:34
| Show all posts
divey 21-11-2018 10:26 AM
I found whole series average

Which are some of the better books in this whole genre of "old ancient secret that can totally change the world if uncovered and greatly sought after by good and bad guys"?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Join

Points Rules

Mobile|Dark room|CraxMe UA-106553710-1

16-1-2019 05:48 PM GMT+5.5