| |

Craxme.com

Forgot password?
 Join
View: 125|Reply: 5
Collapse the left

[News] Shashi Tharoor Does It Again - A New Book & A New Word!

[Copy link]
Post time: 11-10-2018 18:42:38
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Mousetrap at 16-10-2018 11:30 PM

Shashi Tharoor once again introduced Twitterati and the literati to a difficult, near unpronounceable word, describing his new book on Prime Minister Narendra Modi as "more than just a 400-page exercise in floccinaucinihilipilification".

According to the Oxford dictionary, the word is a noun and means "the action or habit of estimating something as worthless"

What my English teachers taught was a lie. Won't order it as I cannot take out the dictionary everytime," said another person in reply to Tharoor's tweet.

The book is currently available for pre-order on Amazon. According to the description of the book on Amazon, "Shashi Tharoor has stitched together a compelling portrait of this paradoxical figure (Narendra Modi)... Never before has there been such a superbly written and devastatingly accurate account of the most controversial prime minister India has ever had," it said.

Tharoor's love for the language and propensity for little heard and little used words is well known. In May 2017, the MP from Thiruvananthapuram and author of 17 books got netizens talking when he described the coverage of the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar by a news channel as an "Exasperating farrago of distortions, misrepresentations and outright lies being broadcast by an unprincipled showman masquerading as a journalist".

Source

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time: 11-10-2018 19:16:46
| Show all posts
Tharoorosaurus Rex introduced yet another one to the Twitterati earlier today.

I'm sorry if one of my tweets y'day gave rise to an epidemic of hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia!
[Don't bother looking it up: it's just a word describing a fear of long words].
But #TheParadoxicalPrimeMinister contains no words longer than Paradoxical!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 11-10-2018 19:21:40
| Show all posts
cynic 11-10-2018 07:16 PM
Tharoorosaurus Rex introduced yet another one to the Twitterati earlier today.

I'm sorry if one of  ...

Man, I wish he'd give it a rest. I thought he was planning to take a break from Twitter. Sigh!

Use magic Report

Post time: 15-10-2018 21:27:20
| Show all posts
have read just reviews of his previous books, seems interesting. but cant say about this one. he is congress leader and its about bjp leader. cant say how much is truth how much  biased

Use magic Report

Post time: 16-10-2018 22:53:01
| Show all posts
What ever he does just fake stunts n publicity... Can't justify his book for our first working prime minister..

Use magic Report

Post time: 31-10-2018 11:00:38
| Show all posts
Tharoor is unpredictable with what he says but he always substantiates it with facts and sources even his words. Across party lines he is respected for his oratory skills and his speech in Oxford Union also attracted praise from the current Prime Minister

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Join

Points Rules

Mobile|Dark room|CraxMe UA-106553710-1

12-12-2018 02:55 PM GMT+5.5