Forgot password?
 Join
Author: cynic
Collapse the left

[Discussion] Book Genre you like the most and why

Close [Copy link]
Post time: 16-12-2018 15:06:04
| Show all posts
Crime thrillers and suspense first...followed by fantasy and young adult...

Use magic Report

Post time: 25-12-2018 05:30:53
| Show all posts
It's a tad annoying that this lost of genres is limited and restrictive . It skips out on a lot of crucial genres such as magic realism (my favourite) and post apocaloticcal fiction (a new discovery).

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 25-12-2018 14:20:05
| Show all posts
Image Wthard Image 25-12-2018 05:30 AM
It's a tad annoying that this lost of genres is limited and restrictive . It skips out on a lot of c ...

I have added an 'Others' option to the list. You can use that instead .

Use magic Report

Post time: 31-12-2018 16:17:17
| Show all posts
It takes you to the world where you can't go or it motivates you do the things which you can't do in practical life.

Use magic Report

Post time: 6-1-2019 11:51:43
| Show all posts
I chose 'Historical' books as they take me to a time I wish I was born in... to a world that is far more sensitive and far softer than the cut and dry world we live in today. I like the tenderness of the past. The softer words that were spoken, the manners people observed, the far simpler lifestyles, the smaller things that brought in greater joys... the past paints a far prettier picture in the imagination than the present or the future does.

Use magic Report

Post time: 9-1-2019 12:21:34
| Show all posts
abhi89492i 12-12-2018 06:49 PM
I'm a fan of Spy Thrillers, not too much in love with psychological or crime thrillers. Come to thin ...

True. I loved the Smiley series. Battle of the wits. If you know some more authors or books on those lines, do share the names.

Use magic Report

Post time: 10-1-2019 00:44:20
| Show all posts
jhsurti 9-1-2019 12:21 PM
True. I loved the Smiley series. Battle of the wits. If you know some more authors or books on tho ...

Off the top of my head, I think Len deighton's Bernard Samson series comes really close to it. 9 books. 3 trilogies. The first of it, "Game, Set and Match" is a fine, exquisite recipe in any given day for espionage (you'll understand the pun once you read those.) The 6 th book, 'Spy Sinker' is the best though, content-wise. But keep in mind that Deighton expects a lot from his readers. There's a lot mgoing on behind the scenes, that's just barely hinted by the author and reader has to put in his own mind and efforts to solve it. To fully appreciate the genius of his plots.
There is one modern gem, among Cold-war espionage-thriller treasure chest; written by Olen Steinhauer: "The Cairo Affair." I think in modern Spy-Stories, nothing else comes anywhere near it. I've read Charles Cumming's "Trinity Six", but it felt way overrated.

I'm a very, very slow reader, which means all I've are the suggestions well known to the whole world. But I'm happy to upload any of these books i mentioned, should you want to have a go.

Use magic Report

Post time: 30-1-2019 05:42:49
| Show all posts
I love thrillers and whodunnits. I really enjoy trying to figure out who the killer is in crime novels. Historical fiction is a close second

Use magic Report

Post time: 30-1-2019 12:18:47
| Show all posts
Mystery suspense and thrillers.Good for reading anytime this genre of books can hold your interest till the very end and can even be challenging to your intellect and imagination.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2-2-2019 09:43:59
| Show all posts
I love to read espionage, military and history thrillers. I invariably read Amish Tripathi and Chetan Bhagat just for fluid reading

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Join

Points Rules

Mobile|Dark room|CraxMe UA-106553710-1

19-3-2019 11:13 PM GMT+5.5