| |

Craxme.com

Forgot password?
 Join
View: 22|Reply: 6
Collapse the left

[Others] A duel to the death between a jaguar and an alligator, had an unexpected winner.

[Copy link]
Post time: 6 day(s) ago Posted From Mobile Phone
| Show all posts |Read mode
A fierce confrontation between a jaguar and an alligator occurred during a trip to the natural park "Encontro das Águas" in Brazil and the images of the fact are already trending on YouTube.

A jaguar and an alligator, two of the most ferocious animals of the Amazon rainforest, staged a brutal duel to death in Brazil, whose incredible outcome was videotaped and viralized after being shared on YouTube.
The video, which is now a trend on YouTube, was recorded by a US university student during a trip to the natural park "Encontro das Águas", located in the Brazilian state of Mato Grosso, on a date still to be specified.
The video shows how the creatures fight with all their might and wallow in the waters of the «Corixo Negro» river, where the jaguar is submerged several seconds by the alligator on more than one occasion.
In general, jaguars opt for a more stealthy approach to attack large prey such as alligators, which the jaguar surprises from behind to attack and crushes his skull.
On this occasion, however, the jaguar headed for the powerful lower jaw of the alligator, although at times it seemed that the alligator would be the winner of this fight, the final result was different to what everyone assumed.

◢ Watch the video directly on youtube.com ◣

Rate

Number of participants 1Money +5 Collapse Reason
sakhi + 5 Very nice!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 6 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
Stunning. Nail biting finish completely unexpected

Use magic Report

Post time: 5 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
It would have been interesting to see who initiated the attack.

Was it the caiman who began the assault but lost, or was it a confident jaguar that started it and prevailed.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 5 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
I hv watched the full video. Usually the two species avoid each other. Here the jaguar initiates the attack and what a fight for survical till the end.

Use magic Report

Post time: 4 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
Image chanakyakripa Image 10-8-2018 05:36 PM
I hv watched the full video. Usually the two species avoid each other. Here the jaguar initiates the ...

The alligator has scaly skin does it not. Why would a jaguar want to fight something that has a tough exterior and something that in its own territory is a hard and fierce competitor.   

Use magic Report

Post time: 3 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
Rushcourt71 11-8-2018 08:56 PM
The alligator has scaly skin does it not. Why would a jaguar want to fight something that has a to ...

alligators do hv a tough scaly body surface. And its very difficult to bite into. As I had mentioned the 2 species usually avoid each other. Probably the jaguar was unable to get any prey for long and was very hungry and that hunger forced it to act out of box.  This is my assumption.

Use magic Report

Post time: 3 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
Image chanakyakripa Image 12-8-2018 12:06 AM
alligators do hv a tough scaly body surface. And its very difficult to bite into. As I had mentio ...

If that is true, the gamble was a serious one.

The jaws, teeth, sheer strength and fighting ability in the sea of the caiman is something to be feared. I am not sure how much it may have been worth it either. Although the video does not show it, I am sure the jaguar would have been wounded, was likely to have been mauled and bitten into and covered in its own blood.

If the encounter was a close one then it is also possible the jaguar may have died a short time later of its injuries. In that case the victory (and food) may have been short lived and hardly worth it.  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Join

Points Rules

Mobile|Dark room|CraxMe UA-106553710-1

15-8-2018 05:01 PM GMT+5.5